I made some delicious cheescake cupcakes that were simple and inexpensive. I'll list the recipe I made up here:
1 stick Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 c Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 c butter or margarine, melted
Your choice of topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Mix melted butter or margarine and graham crumbs with a fork until well mixed. The mixture should stick together.
3. Place muffin cups in to a muffin tray. Fill the bottom of each cup with a small amount of the graham crumb mixture, about 1/8" (1/3 cm).
4. In a medium bowl, mix sugar and cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed, approximately 1 minute
5. Add vanilla extract and egg and mix on low speed until well mixed.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, approximately 3/4" (2 cm). Try to leave about 1/3 of the depth of the cup (or more) empty for the topping.
7. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until the cakes have a rounded top.
8. Allow cakes to cool for approximately 1 hour at room temperature.
9. Add your favourite topping* and enjoy!
*My topping of choice was actually Cherry Jell-O. Most people like small berries, such as cherries and blueberries. These can be purchased in a can at most grocery stores. If you want to make jell-o filling, just prepare the jell-o according to the package directions, and when partially firm, transfer the jell-o topping to the top of the cooled cups. Refrigerate until the jell-o has completely set and enjoy!
This recipe should yield approximately 12 small cheescupcakes!